Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mojave Winds -- A Big Success

I’m happy to talk about how the launch of Mojave Winds shows every sign of success. Since its launch with a national press release at the end of February 2008, Mojave Winds has attracted a consistent stream of visitors to the author’s website (www.markbiskeborn.com)

My website is hosted on a server equipped with refined statistics software. It shows me that people are extremely interested in the story, Mojave Winds.

Since 29 February, 9,000 to 12,000 people visit the website every day to learn more about the novel, Mojave Winds. Of these “hits,” people view several pages at the rate of more than 800 per day.
…and these numbers are climbing.

As of Saturday, 1 March, I began holding author signing events at bookstores. I am delighted to see how people come to the bookstores and eagerly buy my book. It is gratifying. So far I have sold all the copies that the bookstores pre-order for the events and I enjoying having to go out to the parking lot to fetch more copies of Mojave Winds from my own “inventory” to sell beyond the number ordered.

I enjoy holding author signings for Mojave Winds. Many people come to me and ask what the book is about. I explain, “It’s about a guy, Kris Klug, who comes back from the Iraq War…looking to readapt to civilian life…find a job…and to get past whatever post traumatic stress disorder he perceives from too many extended combat missions. He doesn’t have much family, so he relies on his Uncle Fred for a job in his trucking outfit hauling goods between Los Angeles and Las Vegas…”

I have so much fun talking with people and seeing how they become interested in the story. The time passes by quickly at the author signing events.

No comments: